Monday, October 23, 2006

I'm in Cairns Australia and am finally recovering from my numerous fijian injuries and look forward to being able to walk pain free. For around 2 weeks my feet have been pretty badly cut up due to a beach volleyball incident and a fleeing from poisonous water snakes in shallow water over pointy rocks incident. Australia has been good so far. The animals here seem a lot larger than the ones I'm used to. Their crows are the size of human babies and even sound like them. We're going to visit a rainforrest in a couple of days. One of the last things we did in fiji was a rainforrest walk that lead us to various waterfalls, including one with a roap swing over it leading into a deep pool. It was really amazing, and we stayed a little too long. We left as night was falling and the bats started to come out. I've seen bats before, but nothing like this. They were the size of racoons and had the wing span of lets say, a monkey of equal size to a racoon if it were to have had a wing span. They were big and the forrest was swarming with them.
I have to leave now. Must go to a bar and mingle with the ausies.

5 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

if a monkey had a wing span...holy shizer those bats must have been gargantuan. hopefully none got stuck in your hair b/c that seems to be where they get stuck in movies.

ooo rainforest walk, that sounds wicked. the sloths might be as big as, lets say, a pot belly pig if pot belly pigs had three toes.

instead of bringing kava back, can you bring back a canned aussi accent?

shelley asks if the bats looked you straight in the eyes, like the famed spider on our river rafting trip.

MINGLE AWAY!
peace

3:08 PM  
Blogger your friends in Japan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:59 PM  
Blogger your friends in Japan said...

I agree with your parents, and the other weirdos in your family. Don't let the aliens consume your intestines.

In a documentary film I saw, there were winged monkeys, and they all did the wicked witch's bidding, so I can understand your concerns about flossing regularly.

-ian

8:00 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

No infections, but several new species have bred with my wounds. I'm looking forward to a larger family in around 6-8 weeks. Also looking forward to finally having my own minions to do my bidding.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

and no, I didn't see the bat's eyes, but I'm sure they were big enough to look into.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home