Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I'm currently in Brisbane. Not my favorite city thus far, but it's alright. It's really hot in this room, so I'm going to be brief. Been doing a lot of surfing and just hanging out on the beach. Today we went to a waterpark. It was fun, but it rained. Last night I got eaten by bedbugs and the guy on the bunk above me wouldn't stop snoring, no matter how hard I punched him through the mattress. The guy at the desk told me that they might hook me up with a free bed cleaning. All I had to do was not tell the other guests. Wow, what a deal. They give me a mattress full of bedbugs, and they might clean it for free if I don't say anything. I of course sat down and started loudly talking about my numerous bedbug bites. "Gee, I wish I hadn't payed for another night here already on account of the bedbugs that were in my bed...And possibly everyone else's beds. I'd better not mention it to anyone though cause I don't want this wonderful place to lose business." Anyway, I'm happy, I'm just really hot and itchy right now. Leaving Brisbane tomorrow for Surfers Paradise. Hope it lives up to the name. Going to go eat some dinner now.

P.S. How you going? That's what everyone here says. It's a mix between How you doing and how's it going.

4 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

was the water park nuts, like the rest of the insane sports they do around autralia? like 90 degree angle water slides

its always a good feeling...ruining business for assholes. makes you feel all warm and fuzzy

1:04 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

Justiny, Now you know how I feel sleeplng with Uncle George!(the snoring I mean)Usually he doesn't bring bugs to bed, but sometimes I do scratch alot when he's in bed.

Hope surfers paradise is narly, tubular and far out and solid!
Love auntie Belle

3:47 PM  
Blogger your friends in Japan said...

I work with a lot of Aussies. You got the expression right, but you articulated it far too well; they all say "Owyagoin?"

It surprises me that many of the Japanese students can't pick out the difference between Canadian or Australian accents. I tell them, I can't even UNDERSTAND Australians! But I will say, they're exceptionally bubbly people.


-ian

7:52 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

i'm bored and in the library, hoping you would have posted something to distract me from my exam studying in 3 hours haha. DAMN

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home