Friday, December 29, 2006

Been a while since I've written anything new. Still in Melbourne, and I'm living in a shared house with 5 other people. Probably wrote about this a bit before, but I s'pose I'll do it again. It's a good situation for us here because it's all furnished, and there is no need to register for electricity or hydro. I have a job, but it's pretty pathetic. I work one day a week at a video store. The shift usually lasts an average of 3 hours. I'm quite pleased with it though because I get free movies. Pretty good trade for three hours of work...plus I get paid, so that's good too. Work is not difficult to find here, but I've been somewhat distracted as of late, and decided to postpone working for a while...going to start actually searching tomorrow as my distraction just left for Sydney tonight. It sucks when distractions leave and reality sets in again.
Christmas was alright. Ate a lot of food and hung out with the housemates. Mike is a chef, so he prepared a stellar dinner.
If I don't find a good high paying job here in Melbourne, I'm going to ship off to the outback and do some farm work or fruit picking. Seems like the thing to do if you want to make some fast money.
Well, that's it for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Hey Just,
You're right, reality can suck!We have been trying to adopt a kitten for weeks now and have just been told we can't have the one we want.We hate the Humane Society!We are sooo desperate, we even had your father trying to get this particular kitten.They won't give it to us because Michael exibited some alergic symptoms while we were there.Great idea eh to get an amimal you are allergic to.I hope you are able to get a job of your liking soon. Someone will see what a jem you are.Heres Casey!
Love you
Belle

9:20 AM  
Blogger Casey said...

holllller. distraction left eh? thats poopy, but i'm sure there are plenty of fishy distractions in the sea.
no way your roomy is a chef. you couldn't have lucked out more.
is this new video store as sketchy as the last with the under-the-table payments?
the up side of picking fruit is a mad tan, but the down side is premature scoliosis. good luck.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Merci les Arbioles. Vous avez bien compris. J'espere que vous passez un bon revellion!

Hey Shelley, that stinks about the cat. Why didn't it work when my dad went in to buy it? I should hopefully have a job soon. New years and christmas hasn't been the best period for the job hunt though.

Casey,
New video store is just as sketch. Under the table as usual, and really bad pay, but I'm taking full advantage of the free movies. Might have to try for the scoliosis tan, we'll see.

Mother, yeah we'll see what happens I guess. Yes I did recieve an unusual text message on New Years eve. I was expecting it though because you told me it was going to happen.

Well, thats all for now.

7:38 PM  
Blogger your friends in Japan said...

Hey man, sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Just got back from Korea last night. It's an AWESOME country, and it was really cool to compare to Japan...the people are really quite different. Food is fantastic. Picked up a prize for your mommy (arween, I need your address to send you the prize from our trivia contest).

Anyway, nice to finally see some pictures. Lookin' good, so you should have no trouble conquering the objects of your desires.
Fruit picking would probably make you money quick....
It's funny, when I was tree planting in Canada, there were a bunch of Aussies in the camp. I guess that's the thing for Aussies/Canadians to do - switch countries and perform back-breaking manual labour for a rich cultural experience. Fun stuff! Builds character.

Ok, talk to ya soon.
-yan

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home